- The Mississippi Theatre Association supports school, community, and professional theatre programs throughout Mississippi by providing workshops, scholarship programs, awards, and festivals.
Silent Auction Announcement
It’s time to start thinking about the MTA silent auction to benefit the scholarship fund. We’re asking schools and community theatre groups to contribute items for the auction. Things that have worked well in the past are books, crafts, art works, craft jewelry, and theatre memorabilia. This year we are asking each community theatre to contribute two season passes to their upcoming season. This would attract not only those in their immediate areas but also those within driving distance. For more information, please contact MTA Treasurer Deborah Hardy.
Exciting New Partnership Announcement
We are a proud partner of the Arts Action Fund, an organization dedicated to mobilizing 1 million arts advocates who will help ensure pro-arts public policy. To take action on current, arts-related legislative issues, click here for Arts Action Fund’s Action Center. To view updates on the progression of arts policy in the United States, click here for Arts Action Fund’s News/Blog. We appreciate our partnership with Arts Action Fund and all their dedication to advancing the arts in America! When you become a member of MTA, you also become a member of this exciting organization!
SETC Screening Auditions
- For more information contact SETC State Auditions Coordinator, Lee Crouse
Town Hall Meetings
- Thank you to everyone who came out to the MTA Coast Town Hall Meeting at Lynn Meadows Discovery Center.
- We will continue to hold Town Hall Meetings across the state to discuss:
- What is MTA
- How can MTA help you
- Theatre Advocacy
- And more
- If you would be interested in having a Town Hall Meeting for your community, contact Executive Director, Stacy Howell, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Theatre for Youth Registration is Closed due to all entries being taken. For more information, or to get on the waiting list, contact Theatre for Youth Chair, Dana Jones, at email@example.com
- Letter to the Editor in support of National Arts in Education Week.
- The MTA 2017 Playwriting Festival is now open for submissions. Registration for the Adult and Youth Playwriting Festival will close on November 1.
- Dramafest will be held for the Northern Region at Mississippi State University on December 2 & 3, 2016. The contact for this festival is Tim Matheny. North Festival – Information Packet Ground plan will be coming soon. What the adjudicators are looking for.
- Dramafest will be held for the Southern Region at The University of Southern Mississippi on December 2 & 3, 2016. The contact for this festival is Tom Hardy . South Festival – Information Packet . What the adjudicators are looking for.
- Click here to download the “new” MTA Brochure.
- MTA 2017 will be held at The University of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg, MS on January 12-15, 2017. What the adjudicators are looking for.
- For additions / deletions in your contact information please contact your division chair. We would like to make sure that all theatre’s information is up to date so that the correct representative receives our e-blasts, and festival and workshop information.