- The Mississippi Theatre Association supports school, community, and professional theatre programs throughout Mississippi by providing workshops, scholarship programs, awards, and festivals.
Town Hall Meeting Announcement
- Everyone involved with theatre on the MS Gulf Coast is invited to a MTA Town Hall meeting at Lynn Meadows Discovery Center on September 17, 2016 from 2:00 – 4:00 pm.
- Join us for a discussion on the following topics:
- What is MTA
- How can MTA help you
- Day of Giving
- Special Guest Speaker, Lynn Nelson, American Association of Community Theatres, Region IV Representative, will be speaking with the group about AACT as well as her personal experiences in working with multiple theatres in the same geographical location
- Lynn is from Tupelo, MS and has been active in theater since she was in third grade and played a spoon in a class play about manners. In high school she was active in Thespian Troupe 1949 and active in Delta Psi Omega drama honorary in college. She works as a Human Resources professional in order to support her theater habit.
- Lynn became active with Tupelo Community Theatre in 1984 and serves on its board of directors. At TCT she also directs, works backstage, edits the newsletter, and serves as emergency plumber on occasion. She has been active with Mississippi Theatre Association since 1992 and has served on its board with a term as Community Theatre Chair. She has been active with SETC since 2001, recently serving a term on its board as Secretary and currently serving as liaison to American Association of Community Theater. She serves as the Region IV Representative on the AACT board and has served as chair of their Marketing Committee. She also serves as an adjudicator for community theatre and secondary theatre festivals all over the country. Married to Bud Nelson, Lynn has two lovely and talented adult daughters, Jennifer and Jessica, as well as two magnificent dogs, Oberon and Hershey.
- The Secondary Teacher Workshop will be held October 7 & 8, 2016 at The University of Southern Mississippi. Schedule and Information . Register Here.
- The MTA 2017 Playwriting Festival is now open for submissions. Registration for the Adult and Youth Playwriting Festival will close on November 1.
- Dramafest will be held for the Northern Region at Mississippi State University on December 2 & 3, 2016. The contact for this festival is Tim Matheny. North Festival – Information Packet Ground plan will be coming soon. What the adjudicators are looking for.
- Dramafest will be held for the Southern Region at The University of Southern Mississippi on December 2 & 3, 2016. The contact for this festival is Tom Hardy . South Festival – Information Packet . What the adjudicators are looking for.
- Click here to download the “new” MTA Brochure.
- MTA 2017 will be held at The University of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg, MS on January 12-15, 2017. What the adjudicators are looking for.
- For additions / deletions in your contact information please contact your division chair. We would like to make sure that all theatre’s information is up to date so that the correct representative receives our e-blasts, and festival and workshop information.